Introducing GPJFF Netflix Watch Parties!
Netflix’s new mini-series has garnered critical acclaim across the world. Starring Shira Haas (Shtisel) in an astounding, award-worthy performance, this 4-episode drama – inspired by a true story – follows an unhappily married 19-year-old Hasidic woman who flees her community in Brooklyn for the liberal, freeing city of Berlin.
Join us for our second Netflix Watch Party this Thursday, April 2, 7 PM from the comfort of your own home! We will be watching the final episode, Episode 4. REGISTRATION WILL STOP AT 6:30 PM ON THE DOT THIS THURSDAY! If you haven’t registered by then, you won’t receive the special link (details below).
What is Netflix Watch Party, you may ask? With this FREE app, we can all watch a Netflix movie or show at the same time and chat/comment in a side inbox.
Here’s how to download Netflix Watch Party. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
- First of all, you MUST have a Netflix account in order to “attend” this party. Secondly, you MUST have Google Chrome.
- Before moving forward, be sure that you are already logged into your Netflix account on Google Chrome. Simply log into your account on Chrome so it remembers your log-in information.
- On Google Chrome (it can be in a separate tab), go to https://www.netflixparty.com/ (Remember to use Google Chrome only! This won’t work on any other internet browser).
- Click on “Get Netflix Party for free!“
- Near the top right, click on “Add to Chrome“.
- At 6:30 PM this Thursday, you will receive an email from us with the Netflix link for the final episode of UNORTHODOX.
- In Google Chrome, copy and paste the link (it can be in another tab). This will take you to the Netflix link.
- In the top right corner, click on the red NP icon. The chat room will open up on the right side.
- You’re all set! The show will begin at exactly 7 PM. You’ll be able to add your comments on the bottom right of the screen.
Please note: you won’t have the option to pause or skip through any of the episode.
Monday, March 30, 2020
Watch GPJFF Favorites from Your Own Home!
If there’s one benefit to having to stay at home during this critical time, it’s that you get to catch up on the best in Jewish films!
Menemsha Films, one of the top distributors in international Jewish cinema, is offering heavily discounted prices for their selection of films on VOD (Video On Demand) services, including iTunes and Amazon Prime Video. MANY of our past alumni films, including numerous Audience Award winners, were distributed by Menemsha. FANNY’S JOURNEY. THE WOMEN’S BALCONY. IN SEARCH OF ISRAELI CUISINE. DOUGH. And so many more!
This limited-time offer is happening now! You can rent a majority of their films for as little as 99¢!
For more info, visit MenemshaFilms.com.
Wednesday, March 18, 2020
7th Annual Lindy CineMondays Series
NEW DATE: Summer 2020
As you know, the COVID-19 virus has transitioned to a global pandemic and the CDC has recommended that the practice of “social distancing” be adopted as a safety measure. Since your safety and health are always of the utmost importance to us, like many Philadelphia arts and culture organizations, the Gershman Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival is taking every precautionary measure to slow the spread of the virus.
With much sadness, it pains us to announce that Lindy CineMondays, originally scheduled for March 30 – May 11, is OFFICIALLY POSTPONED TO JULY AND AUGUST 2020. New potential dates are currently being selected and we will have more news for you in the days to come. If you have already purchased tickets or an All-Access Pass for CineMondays and are unable to attend the new screening dates that will be announced, you may contact us for a refund or a credit towards a future film event. You may also choose to donate the value of your ticket as a donation to the organization.
Festival Plus! (out-of-festival) programs will also resume after July 2020.
We look forward to continuing this incredible festival in the months to come and can’t wait to celebrate our 40th Anniversary Season with you beginning this November!
Thursday, March 12, 2020