Like many film festivals, film institutions, and Jewish cultural organizations across the globe, the Gershman Philadelphia Jewish Film Festival was forced to cancel or postpone this season’s remaining public screenings and events due to COVID-19.
That doesn’t mean, however, that the GPJFF staff can’t find new and creative ways to keep you engaged while homebound!
Watch from the comfort of your own home! All registrants will receive a link to their desired film closer to showtime. If for some reason you register for a film but don’t receive an email from us, please let us know!
Netflix Watch Parties
Mondays, April 27 – June 1
7 PM EST
To select a film, click on the title underneath its image.
Every Monday night from April 27 – June 1 (excluding the week of Memorial Day), GPJFF will host a virtual screening of a Netflix film that you can watch from the comfort of your own home. Our fun and interactive Netflix Watch Party series begins with a dose of comedian Jenny Slate’s outrageous stand-up comedy and continues weekly with critically lauded dramas, as well as some dark and light-hearted comedic fare. Each film will begin at 7 PM EST sharp.
Netflix Watch Party is a FREE app where viewers from different locations can watch a Netflix movie or show together (online at the same time) and even chat and comment while watching in a designated on-screen chat area (located at the far right of your screen).
At 6:30 PM EST, all registrants will receive a link to the Netflix film.
How to Download Netflix Watch Party
- First of all, you MUST have a Netflix account in order to “attend” this party. Secondly, you MUST have Google Chrome. Thirdly, you may only access Netflix Watch Party on desktop or laptop computers.
- Before moving forward, be sure that you are already logged into your Netflix account on Google Chrome. Simply log into your account on Chrome so it remembers your log-in information.
- On Google Chrome (it can be in a separate tab), go to https://www.netflixparty.com/ (Remember to use Google Chrome only! This won’t work on any other internet browser).
- Click on “Get Netflix Party for free!“
- Near the top right, click on “Add to Chrome“.
- At 6:30 PM EST the day of the Watch Party, you will receive an email from us with the Netflix link for the film.
- In Google Chrome, copy and paste the link (it can be in another tab). This will take you to the Netflix link.
- In the top right corner, click on the red NP icon. The chat room will open up on the right side.
- You’re all set! The show will begin at exactly 7 PM EST. You’ll be able to add your comments on the bottom right of the screen.
Please note: you WON’T have the option to pause or skip through any of the episode.
GPJFF Web Series
Each week, visit our Facebook and YouTube pages to find the latest episodes of all our new GPJFF web series. We want you to know that we are here for you. And, hey, if we do succeed to get your mind off your worries for a little while, that’ll make our day!
- MAKE IT MONDAYS
- Let’s get creative! In MAKE IT MONDAYS, Olivia Antsis, GPJFF Executive Artistic Director, uses popular Jewish movies and TV shows as inspiration for making things like special dishes, homemade books, holiday gifts and more. Every other Monday at 6 PM
- TAKE ME BACK TUESDAYS
- Kristen Evans, Executive Managing Director, takes on different Jewish and “Jew-ish” films from decades past through a personal lens. Every other Tuesday at 6 PM
- WORK IT WEDNESDAYS WITH YAE!
- Ainyae Stratton, Development and Administrative Coordinator of GPJFF, is not only a lover of film festivals but also an aspiring actress and has made it her mission to showcase her talents each week for the enjoyment of audiences everywhere. Join her every Wednesday for a new episode of WORK IT WEDNESDAYS WITH YAE where she tackles new exciting “Jew-ish” inspired monologues. Every Wednesday at 10 AM
- FEED YOUR FACE FRIDAYS!
- Matt Bussy, Festival Manager of GPJFF, is converting to Judaism and has made it his mission to cook more Jewish cuisine. Join him every Friday for new episodes of FEED YOUR FACE FRIDAYS!, a comical web series where he embarks on new adventures in Jewish cooking. Every Friday at 10 AM
How to Connect Your Computer/Tablet to TV
A streaming link can always be accessed and watched through your computer, iPad, tablet, etc. If you would like to connect your screen to your TV, here are two options: