Shared Stories: The Intersection of Black and Jewish Experiences in America
Monday Nights, July 13 – August 3
7 PM EST
(To select a film above, click on the title underneath its image)
General Admission: $10
(You will receive a private link for the film ONE HOUR before showtime. Available for 24 hours)
Shared Stories “Double Chai” Pass: $36
(Includes automatic admission to private links for all four films in the series)
REGISTRATION CLOSES AT 5 PM EST THE DAY OF EVERY SCREENING.
Be sure to register in advance!
Today, we live in a rare moment – a moment where transformation is possible and we, as a people, are capable of changing history! We can all agree that the last few weeks have been difficult for everyone – for some, more than others. As we continue to navigate our differences, share our experiences, ask questions, and educate ourselves, we must remember it is up to us – as citizens of these united states – to be the change we want to see. It is our responsibility to create a just and equal society because no one is going to do that for us.
The staff at GPJFF hopes that SHARED STORIES: THE INTERSECTION OF BLACK AND JEWISH EXPERIENCES IN AMERICA will inspire dialogue and meaningful conversations, increase empathy and understanding, encourage further learning, and spur one to take action in whatever way feels right to them. We invite you to join us on Monday, July 13 for the Philadelphia Premiere of THEY AIN’T READY FOR ME and continue to tune in each consecutive Monday night through August 3. While each of these films is extraordinary in and of itself, we hope you will choose to join us for the entire length of the journey.
And there’s more! Each film will conclude with a special live virtual Q&A with special guests on our Crowdcast page. Similar to Zoom, this platform allows you to join virtual presentations and chat with the guests themselves. The following speakers are expected:
- Tamar Manasseh | Subject of THEY AIN’T READY FOR ME
- Brad Rothschild | Director of THEY AIN’T READY FOR ME
- Rav Tiferet Berenbaum | Moderator for THEY AIN’T READY FOR ME
- James Elam | Moderator for SHARED LEGACIES
- Lisa Finkelstein | Guest Panelist for SHARED LEGACIES
- Shari Rogers | Director of SHARED LEGACIES
- Blane Fitzgerald Stoddart | Guest Panelist for SHARED LEGACIES
- Rachel Eskin Fisher | Co-Director of JOACHIM PRINZ: I SHALL NOT BE SILENT
- Elliot Ratzman | Guest Moderator for JOACHIM PRINZ: I SHALL NOT BE SILENT
- Jesús Gregorio Smith | Guest Moderator for JOACHIM PRINZ: I SHALL NOT BE SILENT
- Maori Holmes | Moderator for SAMMY DAVIS, JR: I’VE GOTTA BE ME
- Eugene Haynes | Guest Panelist for SAMMY DAVIS, JR.: I’VE GOTTA BE ME
If you are willing to, we recommend making a donation to any of the following organizations:
- BlackStar Film Festival
- Equal Justice Initiative
- Innocence Project
- NAACP Legal Defense and Educational Fund, Inc.
(If for some reason you register for a film but don’t receive it at 6 PM, please let us know! You may email us or give us a call at (215) 545-4400.)
How to Connect Your Computer/Tablet to TV
You don’t want to stare at your computer screen anymore? Trust us. We understand! While a streaming link can always be accessed and watched through your computer, iPad, tablet, etc., you can also connect your screen to your TV in different ways.